for the Monterey Bay
ESSENTIALSMonterey County only
30 min photoshoot at one location of your choice
20 EDITED IMAGES
Additional family members - $35 each
COMPLETEMonterey & Santa Cruz counties
60-90 min session at one or two locations of your choice
40 EDITED IMAGES
Additional family members - $35 each
While I’m confident that this crisis will eventually pass, it might be a while before everyone can go back to life the way it used to be. For that reason, all of my clients are required to follow social distancing guidelines:
- 6ft + distance from all clients at all times.
- verbal prompts for posing vs. close contact posing.
- all clients are required to have face coverings available if needed.
- if you are not attaining to any social distancing guidelines, I cannot be your photographer.
WHAT DO YOU EDIT IN EVERY PHOTO?
Editing represents the most important part of my work as a photographer. After your photoshoot, I will carefully select the best images to professionally edit them to be consistent with the quality of my work as shown in my portfolio.
Full editing covers the following:
- Skin imperfections
- Color correction
- Removal of distracting objects in the background
- Double Chins
- Teeth whitening
- Lightening up of subjects
- Highlights manipulation
NOTE: My regular editing process does NOT include full retouching such as slimming, composites, tattoo removal, photoshopping of sunsets in the background (when the weather does not cooperate), removal of logos, head swapping, full wrinkle elimination, etc.
Full retouching is available for an additional fee of $35 per image.
For any more specific requests, please get in touch with me.
DO YOU PHOTOGRAPH WEDDINGS?
Yes, I do!
While it is not my main focus, I do occasionally take clients that are very attracted to my style.
My assistant and I will be honored to be there for elopements and intimate wedding ceremonies with very small groups of people.
If you think you want me to be your photographer on your big day, please get in touch with me ASAP and I will put together the perfect package for you.
WHAT WILL THE EXPERIENCE BE LIKE?
All you have to do is wear something beautiful and come have fun with us.
We are not afraid of energetic little kids, this is what we do! I will guide you every step of the way to make the best of our time together.
To get the images your family deserves, the process is broken into 4 steps:
- Consultation to customize your images. You and your family are unique, this consultation is necessary for me to get to know you and your needs. We will talk about your expectations, taste, clothing and style, location, etc.
- Socially distant outdoor photoshoot.
- After the session, you will receive an online proof gallery that will allow you to select the images that you want me to fully retouch and the ones that you want only as light edits.
WHAT TO WEAR FOR A FAMILY SESSION?
To create timeless images that focus on the subjects and emotions, I strongly suggest wearing colors that compliment each other and avoid harsh patterns and logos(including plaid and striped shirts).
Select something color and weather appropriate if the season is what inspired you to get a family portrait. Otherwise, I suggest earthy and neutral colors such as light and dark gray, white, rose, pale pink, light blue, earthy brown, beige, etc.
Beach sessions are better if you are not wearing shoes, so if your session will take place at the beach keep this in mind.
DO YOU OFFER DISCOUNTS TO OUR LOCAL HEROES?
I am so grateful to anyone that serves our community. For that reason, I offer 10% off all sessions to:
- Military families
- Police officers
- UPS personnel
* Proper ID should be provided.
If you are a local hero and you need a headshot, please get in touch with me to discuss your options.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR A BEACH PHOTOSHOOT AND WHAT TO EXPECT
Expect to get barefoot, a bit sandy, dip your feet in the water, and to have LOTS of fun!
Here are some important recommendations to help you get the most of your session:
- Kids always do a lot better when well fed and rested so make sure to plan accordingly (bringing a snack for the little ones is always a good idea).
- Even on warm days, it can get a little chilly by the end of the session, so make sure to bring warm layers.
- A change of clothes for everyone. I always encourage families to get barefoot and play on the water’s edge. It is a good idea to bring an extra pair of pants for mommy and daddy and an extra set of clothes for the kids.
- Bring a towel. Even if you don’t get wet, beach photos are a lot better if you are barefoot, a towel to clean sandy feet before getting back in the car is ideal.
- To comply with the ongoing social distancing rules, it is important that everyone in your family has face coverings just in case we walk through narrow paths.
WHEN WILL I RECEIVE MY PHOTOS?
About a week after your photoshoot, an online proof gallery will be shared with you via email. The images in this gallery will all be watermarked with a “not for public use” legend on it. From this gallery, you’ll be able to select the photos you want to keep as part of your package.
Once you submit your selection as per the instructions, it takes one to two weeks (depending on how busy I am) for you to receive your finished photos.
Make sure to book your session at least one month in advance if you need any printed materials by a certain date (especially during holiday season).
HOW WILL MY PHOTOS BE USED?
I am proud of my work and I like to occasionally post photos from my clients on my Facebook page or website portfolio. As per my photographer contract, I may use your images to promote my business. Breastfeeding and naked photos will never be used. Besides that, I do not share or sell your photos to anyone.
MY CHILD WON’T STAY STILL, WILL THAT BE A PROBLEM?
It is extremely rare for a child to stay still for a session, I don’t want them to! I like to portray who they are and get those genuine giggles. However a well rested and well fed baby/child does a lot better in front of the camera.
Please, fill out my contact form to ask any questions or to request a booking.
First of all, I’d like to give thanks to the midwives and the amazing birthing community of Santa Cruz. This photo would have never been possible without them, especially not without the space that Roxanne Cummings offers through her birthing classes, thank you Roxanne for getting us all together!!!
Only a few months ago this photo was just a dream, a surreal thought locked in a room with 12 couples sharing dreams of love and happiness with their expected new family member. -One lucky baby moved to Colorado (Storm), and baby Emma left before the photo was taken.
These 10 little babies all met while they were still in their mommies’ bellies, after all of them made it into the world, we got together to celebrate our darling little miracles.