Maternity, newborn, family, and women’s photographer for the Monterey Bay
Carmel newborn photography
Santa Cruz pregnancy photography
Pregnancy photos in Natural Bridges for Sunset
Newborn Photography in Carmel, CA
Monterey family photography
Best family photographer in Carmel and Big Sur
Best maternity photography
Maternity photographer in the Monterey Bay
Monterey & Carmel family photography
Serving families in Santa Cruz and Monterey Bay
Carmel based newborn photographer
newborn photography monterey bay
Carmel, CA newborn photographer
Carmel wedding photography wall decor
I’ll help you get the kind of images you’ll want to show everyone. And I’ll make it super easy, too!
From planning the very best photoshoot to making sure everyone is happy, you can count on me. As a mom of two, I’m not only a pro at being behind the camera, but also at jumping up and down, making stubborn family members laugh, and never losing my cool (unless it’s because I’m jumping up and down).
With you as my inspiration, we’ll work together to make art that you’ll have and love forever.
I can’t wait to get to know you and your family!
As a Carmel resident, my main areas of service are:
Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Pebble Beach, Carmel Valley, Marina, Aptos, Capitola, Santa Cruz, and Scotts Valley.
But … if you live somewhere else, get in touch anyway and we’ll make a plan.
Monterey Bay Photography
••• services & pricing •••
Just when you know what love is, someone little comes to show you what love REALLY is. It is my job to freeze those magic moments into art. This is not always easy and a lot goes into a session; below you will find some highlights of what to expect and how to prepare for these few hours of magic.
What to expect
Newborn props and different blanket/basket/fur options take part in this type of session. If time allows, family members are welcome and encouraged to partake, OR we can limit the number of setups if family photos are your priority.
- The photo poses will be up to the baby’s particular mood and my workflow. Even though I am happy to accommodate and try my best for your particular requests and preferences, it is ALWAYS more important to make sure the baby is comfortable and safe.
- We need to crank up the heat! Babies do great when it is nice and cozy, it makes them more sleepy.
- We will have breaks to feed and soothe your babe.
How to prepare
- Don’t let baby nap for 3-4 hours before I get there. I know it can be hard with a newborn, but trust me, it’ll be worth it! Talking, showing her toys, changing diapers, even a bath (as long as the belly button has fallen) can be helpful activities to keep the baby up.
- Make sure your home is at least 75 degrees warm for the scheduled time.
- When we get to your home, it will take us about 25 min to set up, you can feed the baby while I do so. When done, put a loose diaper on her and swaddle or wrap her in a cozy blanket. If she falls asleep easy, great! otherwise, I will take care of the rest even if she isn’t asleep as we need to make the most of our time together.
- Don’t worry about feeding me or my assistant. I know, this is a weird one, but I often find that families worry about our lunchtime. We purposely eat a big breakfast before every newborn shoot and have a snack with us in case we need it. Please eat when you need, we can take care of baby ?
- If you want to pick an outfit for you and baby, or you want her to wear the blanket that grandma knitted, put them aside the night before.
- Don’t make a big fuss or change your routine drastically, little babies can be very temperamental to small changes.
- Keep a pacifier handy ONLY if you are planning on using one.
Keep in mind that every baby is very different, so the rhythm of the session will be determined by your unique new little person.
Safety is my number one priority when it comes to newborn photography.
*Props. I always bring a different array of textured blankets, furs, hats, headbands, signs, baskets, etc. If there is something specific you have in mind, just let me know and I may just have it!
Being a family photographer in Santa Cruz is a dream come true.
I’ve been having too much fun with holiday sessions. Here are a few of beautiful moms and their daughters! If you want to know more about my holiday special, running until the end of December, find the details here.