All you have to do is wear something beautiful and come have fun with us.
We are not afraid of energetic little kids, this is what we do! I will guide you every step of the way to make the best of our time together.
To get the images your family deserves, the process is broken into 4 steps:
- Consultation to customize your images. You and your family are unique, this consultation is necessary for me to get to know you and your needs. We will talk about your expectations, taste, clothing and style, location, etc.
- Socially distant outdoor photoshoot.
- After the session, you will receive an online proof gallery that will allow you to select the images that you want me to fully retouch and the ones that you want only as light edits.
To create timeless images that focus on the subjects and emotions, I strongly suggest wearing colors that compliment each other and avoid harsh patterns and logos(including plaid and striped shirts).
Select something color and weather appropriate if the season is what inspired you to get a family portrait. Otherwise, I suggest earthy and neutral colors such as light and dark gray, white, rose, pale pink, light blue, earthy brown, beige, etc.
Beach sessions are better if you are not wearing shoes, so if your session will take place at the beach keep this in mind.
I am so grateful to anyone that serves our community. For that reason, I offer 10% off all sessions to:
- Military families
- Police officers
- UPS personnel
* Proper ID should be provided.
If you are a local hero and you need a headshot, please get in touch with me to discuss your options.
Expect to get barefoot, a bit sandy, dip your feet in the water, and to have LOTS of fun!
Here are some important recommendations to help you get the most of your session:
- Kids always do a lot better when well fed and rested so make sure to plan accordingly (bringing a snack for the little ones is always a good idea).
- Even on warm days, it can get a little chilly by the end of the session, so make sure to bring warm layers.
- A change of clothes for everyone. I always encourage families to get barefoot and play on the water’s edge. It is a good idea to bring an extra pair of pants for mommy and daddy and an extra set of clothes for the kids.
- Bring a towel. Even if you don’t get wet, beach photos are a lot better if you are barefoot, a towel to clean sandy feet before getting back in the car is ideal.
- To comply with the ongoing social distancing rules, it is important that everyone in your family has face coverings just in case we walk through narrow paths.
About a week after your photoshoot, an online proof gallery will be shared with you via email. The images in this gallery will all be watermarked with a “not for public use” legend on it. From this gallery, you’ll be able to select the photos you want to keep as part of your package.
Once you submit your selection as per the instructions, it takes one to two weeks (depending on how busy I am) for you to receive your finished photos.
Make sure to book your session at least one month in advance if you need any printed materials by a certain date (especially during holiday season).