for the Monterey Bay
~ Packages ~
All collections include a personal consultation, styling guidance, and my absolute dedication to getting your dream images.
Photoshoots for up to 5 people.
ESSENTIALSMonterey County only
30 min photoshoot at one location of your choice
20 EDITED IMAGES
COMPLETEMonterey & Santa Cruz counties
60-90 min session at one or two locations of your choice
40 EDITED IMAGES
While I’m confident that this crisis will eventually pass, it might be a while before everyone can go back to life the way it used to be. For that reason, all of my clients are required to follow social distancing guidelines:
- 6ft + distance from all clients at all times.
- verbal prompts for posing vs. close contact posing.
- all clients are required to have face coverings available if needed.
- if you are not attaining to any social distancing guidelines, I cannot be your photographer.
WHAT DO YOU EDIT IN EVERY PHOTO?
Editing represents the full scope of my work as a photographer. After your photoshoot, I will carefully select the best images to professionally edit them to be consistent with the quality of my work as shown in my portfolio.
Editing covers skin imperfections, color correction, removal of distracting objects in the background, and other basic adjustments so that your gallery has a consistent style.
Please note that my regular editing process does not include full retouching such as slimming, composites, tattoo removal, etc. However, I do offer this optional service for an additional fee of $35 per image.
WHAT WILL THE EXPERIENCE BE LIKE?
Your pregnant body is a miracle, your baby will never be as close to your heart.
I understand this is one of the most important moments in your life and I want to freeze it in time for you.
To make sure you get the images you’ve dreamed of, the process is broken down as follows:
- Phone consultation to customize your images. You are unique, you deserve to have your images designed just for you. This consultation will help me know you. We will talk about your expectations, taste, location, clothing, and style.
- Outdoors photo-shoot with social distancing taken into account.
- After the session, I will email you an online proof gallery for you to select the images you want me to fully retouch and which ones should be lightly edited.
- Once your images are fully retouched, you will receive an updated gallery that will allow you to order products from my professional lab or to download.
DO YOU OFFER DISCOUNTS TO OUR LOCAL HEROES?
I am so grateful to anyone that serves our community. For that reason, I offer 10% off all sessions to:
- Military families
- Police officers
- UPS personnel
* Proper ID should be provided.
If you are a local hero and you need a headshot, please get in touch with me to discuss your options.
WHAT DOES FULL RETOUCHING COVER?
While I use my expertise to take the best images possible straight out of my camera, editing is still one of the most defining parts of my style as a photographer.
Fully retouched images are the finished products that represent the full quality of my work and cover the following:
- Skin imperfections (acne, some wrinkles, uneven skin tones, discolorations, jaundice, rashes, etc.)
- People and cars in the background (your photos will look as if you were completely alone at the beach with your family)
- Removal of distracting objects or marks on a background, backdrop, wall, lighting equipment
- Back, arm, and side fat rolls
- Double chins
- Flyaway hairs
- Enhanced sky and sunset colors
- Teeth whitening
- Extend and smooth backgrounds for newborn or studio-style sessions
- Feature enhancements (brightening and sharpening of faces and eyes)
- Color and ambiance editing to suit my style
WHAT TO WEAR FOR MY MATERNITY SESSION?
Dress comfortably! I want you to feel and look like yourself, if something doesn’t feel good, you’ll probably reflect that on the pictures.
While I encourage pregnant women to avoid harsh colors and patterns, some soft floral patterns and one bright color option might be a good idea ONLY if that’s the kind of thing you like. However, I strongly suggest avoiding stripes and plaid fabrics. Knit tops and lacey textures are very welcome! Just make sure that the color choices for you and your partner are complimentary.
If you are going to wear a maternity gown, I suggest that you bring a change of clothes for a more “normal” look of yourself. Wearing a bathing suit underneath can help you change outfits easily.
Other very flattering clothing items are:
- Tight-fitting clothes that will show your curvy and beautiful pregnant body.
- A maxi skirt with a short top always looks amazing and simple.
- Tight-fitting dress with some flare at the bottom.
- Unzipped old jeans. Believe it or not, your pre-pregnancy jeans can be a great way to display your belly in a very sexy way (if you are into that sort of thing).
- Man-sized button up shirts. Bring your partner’s favorite cami or a button up sweater to take some belly revealing photos.
- Change it up by bringing a cardigan or one change of clothes if they come on easily.
Of course, if you can’t make up your mind from several options, feel free to shoot me a text, call, or email to ask.
WHEN SHOULD I BOOK MY PREGNANCY SESSION?
It is always a good idea to get in touch with me as soon as you know you are pregnant to discuss your options for the exact timing and my availability.
Normally I schedule women between 20 and 38 weeks depending on each client’s preference: how big do you want your belly to look? how comfortable are you feeling? etc.
However, I do encourage all expectant parents to get their point and shoot cameras out and take amazing pictures since day 1 (or when you just found out), until the moment they give birth, here are some tips to help.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR A BEACH PHOTOSHOOT AND WHAT TO EXPECT
Expect to get barefoot, a bit sandy, dip your feet in the water, and to have LOTS of fun!
Here are some important recommendations to help you get the most of your session:
- Kids always do a lot better when well fed and rested so make sure to plan accordingly (bringing a snack for the little ones is always a good idea).
- Even on warm days, it can get a little chilly by the end of the session, so make sure to bring warm layers.
- A change of clothes for everyone. I always encourage families to get barefoot and play on the water’s edge. It is a good idea to bring an extra pair of pants for mommy and daddy and an extra set of clothes for the kids.
- Bring a towel. Even if you don’t get wet, beach photos are a lot better if you are barefoot, a towel to clean sandy feet before getting back in the car is ideal.
- To comply with the ongoing social distancing rules, it is important that everyone in your family has face coverings just in case we walk through narrow paths.
WHEN WILL I RECEIVE MY PHOTOS?
About a week after your photoshoot, an online proof gallery will be shared with you via email. The images in this gallery will all be watermarked with a “not for public use” legend on it. From this gallery, you’ll be able to select the photos you want to keep as part of your package.
Once you submit your selection as per the instructions, it takes one to two weeks (depending on how busy I am) for you to receive your finished photos.
Make sure to book your session at least one month in advance if you need any printed materials by a certain date (especially during holiday season).
HOW WILL MY PHOTOS BE USED?
I am proud of my work and I like to occasionally post photos from my clients on my Facebook page or website portfolio. As per my photographer contract, I may use your images to promote my business. Breastfeeding and naked photos will never be used. Besides that, I do not share or sell your photos to anyone.
MY CHILD WON’T STAY STILL, WILL THAT BE A PROBLEM?
It is extremely rare for a child to stay still for a session, I don’t want them to! I like to portray who they are and get those genuine giggles. However a well rested and well fed baby/child does a lot better in front of the camera.
Please, fill out my contact form to ask any questions or to request a booking.
These pregnancy images were taken using a technique called “light painting”. They need to be taken just after sunset for best results.
I am so lucky to be able to capture images of little babies turning into kids, and to share such important milestones with the families I’ve been with from the very beginning. Witnessing young adorable couples turn into mature and confident parents feeds my soul. Thank you to all those families that have allowed me to share even a tiny bit of their joy with them!
Every once in a while, when things get a bit overwhelming at home, I like to go through some of my old photos. It is so heartwarming! I very much admire each and every mom I’ve had the pleasure to work with. But when I reunite with a mother of two about to have her third, I’m reminded of how amazing a woman can be (perhaps not me) but this is what a real SUPER MOM looks like!